Genealogists and family historians who want to learn more about how to use various types of genealogy resources will have plenty of opportunity to do so in April. FamilySearch is offering a bunch of free online classes and webinars.
FamilySearch is one of the most popular genealogy websites. It is offered as a service by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Everyone is welcome to use the FamilySearch website for free (no matter what the person’s religious beliefs happen to be).
In April of 2016, FamilySearch will be hosting a number of free online online family history classes and webinars. Each one is designed to help individuals and their families find their ancestors and teach important family history techniques. To join a webinar, a person needs to start at the Family History Library wiki page.
Here is a list of the free classes and webinars:
* April 6 – Spanish Records Indexing Workshop Webinar (1 ½ hours)
* April 7 – Mid 19th Century Yorkshire Case Study and Research Strategy Session Webinar
* April 7 – Strategies for Successful French Research Online Webinar
* April 12 – How to Really See What Records are Telling about Your Ancestor
* April 13 – Portuguese Records Indexing Workshop Webinar (1 ½ hours)
* April 14 – Research Logs: A Tool for Organizing Your Research Webinar
* April 16 – Boy Scout Genealogy Merit Badge (1 ½ hours) To register for this one, you need to call a phone number at least a week before the workshop to find out which requirements should be completed before attending.
* April 16 – Historia familiar de Italia Parte 1 Webinar
* April 16 – Historia familiar de Italia Parte 2 Webinar
* April 18 – Key Scotland Websites Webinar
* April 19 – FamilySearch Wiki
* April 19 – Incredible Scotland Maps and Gazetteer Online Resources Webinar
* April 19 – Norwegian Genealogical Collections Webinar
* April 20 – Dutch Records Indexing Workshop Webinar (1 ½ hours)
* April 20 – Scotland Census Records Webinar
* April 21 – Scotland Civil Registration Records Webinar
* April 26 – Finding Your Ancestors in U.S. Vital Records
* April 27 – French Records Indexing Workshop Webinar (1 ½ hours)
* April 27 – British Virtual Specialist Q&A Session Webinar
* April 28 – Exploring Probate Records in Norway Webinar
* April 28 – Planning and Implementing a Research Trip Webinar
For more information, including the exact time each webinar will begin, you should consult the FamilySearch post. The times listed there are in mountain time. It does not appear that these classes or webinars will be recorded for later viewing.
Related Articles at FamilyTree.com:< Return To Blog