RootsTech 2017 will take place on February 8-11. There are a series of Sessions that will be available each day. The type of Pass you buy determines what Sessions you will be available to access. Keep in mind that these Sessions/Labs are subject to change. Those who purchase the RootsTech Pass can access the following Sessions on February 9, 2017.
The Sessions/Labs listed here will all begin at 11:00 a.m. Please check the RootsTech website to see a list of the Sessions/Labs that will begin at 1:30 p.m., 3:00 p.m., and 4:30 p.m.
* FamilySearch: Family Tree Futures – Presented by Ron Tanner from FamilySearch
* Researching WWI and WWII American Veterans – Presented by David Lambert, NEHGS
* Mothers, Daughters, Wives: Tracing Female Lines – Presented by Judy Russell
* Next Steps for American Sources – Presented by Karen Auman
This session focuses on research in the United States, with an emphasis on records beyond the census. It will focus on using probate tax, land and church records.
* Simple Photo Editing with your Phone – Presented by Amy Slade
* Using Newspapers.com to Find Your Family History – Presented by Peter Drinkwater from Ancestry.com
* Accessing your French ancestors records online: where to go – Presented by Jacques Le Marois
* How to use DNA Triangulation to Confirm Ancestors – Presented by Kitty Cooper
This session provides an explanation of DNA triangulation followed by several case studies in which it was used.
* Family Finder, 23andMe, and AncestryDNA: An Intro – Presented by Tim Janzen
* Discover Your Ancestors on GenealogyBank.com – Presented by Barrett Golay from GenealogyBank
* Record Destruction Strategies in Spanish Research – Presented by Lynn Turner
* Using the GPS to Navigate Your Research – Presented by Angela McGhie
* City Directories: Not Your Average Phone Book – Presented by Daniel Earl
* Wolfram Alpha for Genealogists – Presented by Thomas MacEntee
This Session explores resources we can use when our foundational records are not available. Principles taught in this class can be used for research in Spain and Latin America.
* Using Genealogical Periodicals for Research – Presented by Frazine Taylor
* Social Context using Newspapers: Not just BMDs – Presented by Helen Smith from HVSresearch
* What’s new with Indexing? Let me give you a hint! – Presented by Neil Ocarson, LDS Church – Family History and Jason Pierson from FamilySearch
* VyTräd: A New Digital Document Management Program – Presented by Steven Larson from Lagom Software, LLC
Related Articles on FamilyTree.com:< Return To Blog